Tuesday 6 September 2011

updates

Hi all,

Just checking in, its been a while.

We are so excited for the auction happening on Aaliyahs facebook site this sunday, september 11 at 7:30pm. We have some very lovely items up for auction and would love for you all to check it out and of course bid! 100% of the dollars raised goes directly to Aaliyahs operation!!!!

We are also now selling chocolates as a way to raise money also. Many people have asked what they can do to help and we have found that this is a relativly easy way that people can help, it also allows for people on all budgets to contribute to her surgery. Thank you to every single person that is taking a box. I will be doing another order in a week, so if you are interested in taking a box (in the Brisbane area) please email me amyjperdomo@hotmail.com or contact me via Aaliyahs facebook page and we can organise delivery. Those of you that are awaiting delivery, we will be able to start dropping of the boxes from tomorrow. Along with the chocolates I have organised for pamphlets explaining Aaliyahs Journey to allow for transparancy and also for people to become aware of her cause.

Aaliyah is now 20months old and is doing very well. She has adjusted better than expected to being a big sister. In fact she is now waking earlier in the mornings and calling out to see her sister. She loves her so much. I am so grateful that Aaliyah has a sister to share her journey with. I am fortunate enough to not only have two sisters of my own but I inherited two amazing sister in laws when I married my husband. I am so glad that Aaliyah (and Hadassah) get to share that sisterly bond also!!!

Aaliyah is entering the terrible twos in a big way. But she is still an absolute bundle of fun. I am constantly amazed at how fast she picks things up and how fast her vocabulary is expanding. She is coming out with new sentances every day. Although at the moment her favourites are "I dont want it". But she also says beautiful things like "I love you mummy" "Lia's a princess"... kind of evens out the bad ;)

I will leave you with some recent pictures and introduce you to Aaliyahs new little side kick miss Hadassah Aubrey Faith


Aaliyah picking flowers in the backyard


Little miss Hadassah, the girl that made Aaliyah a big sister!!!


Wearing her contact mini hearing aid, dressed up as a fairy
Shopping :) Aaliyah LOVES it

Family photo!!!


Me and my girls, I love them both so much...

ps: true story, when Hadassah was born the first thing I asked was if she had both ears, poor midwife was a tad confused!!! ha ha xx


No comments:

Post a Comment