Friday 16 March 2012

Overwhelmed

Thats how I have been feeling.....

We have about 16 months until we would ideally like to have Aaliyah's surgery, and a LONG way to go fundraising wise.

I need to get better with my time management. I have just been feeling so so so overwhelmed with day to day life. WORK, UNI, STUDY, FUNDRAISING all whilst trying my best to raise 2 kiddos 2 and under, one of whom still likes to grace me with her wail at least once a night. Neither of the girls attend daycare (personal decision, Aaliyah would not do well in a day care setting). Yes I have ALOT of help, Jose is wonderful and we have very supportive family. However the day to day stuff, its all on me. And thats ok, it really is, its just tiring.

I could give up uni but I would lose all of my credits. They are changing the system, so if I dont keep at it, I will loose a whole years worth of credit. So I will continue.

Financially, I need to work. And no, not a "need to" so we can have a nicer car/go on a holiday/buy new furniture kind of need. Its a "need to" so we can pay our bills/buy groceries type. Its only for a season, but its hard. We have everything we need and more but working, especially the shifts, is taking its toll on me. Its tiring me something chronic. But its not an option of giving up so I will continue.

And fundraising, well unfortunately that gets put on the back burner sometimes, as much as I hate that it does. We still have our usual fundraisers going (selling cabury chocolates) but I really need to get on top of organizing something a little bigger.

What can I do to make it easier/more workable?
Well at the end of April/Early May we are moving. So more work, but the payoff will be fantastic. Our new house is literally a 5 minute walk to my parents house. Its a better area, with a great park minutes walk away. And its a house!!!! With a lovely undercover area and a huge back yard. We are so so so excited to move. Whilst our townhouse has been great, we really have out grown it. The girls need a back yard, we will be closer to work/uni/parents thus saving money on petrol. Its a single story, so no more running up and down the stairs, rushing when I am upstairs for fear of what is going on downstairs!

The downside to the move is that our trivia night is being put of till the end of May. Which I suppose could be a good thing as this will allow me to more time to organize prizes, tables, raffles etc.

The other thing that I am doing/going to do is let my housework slide a little. Those of you that know me, know I like to keep a clean and tidy house. Let me tell you, it is so so hard in our little unit that has TERRIBLE storage, next to no cupboard space. We do not even have a proper pantry. This will be easily remidied once we move as our new house has a LOT more space!!! Until then I am just going to have to accept that our house is not going to look "perfect". Clean, yes, tidy?? sometimes. Perfect?? no.

Im also going to use moving as a perfect excuse to declutter and get rid of as much stuff as possible. So yet another reason why moving is a win-win.


I am also trying to set myself an earlier bedtime. The girls go to bed between 6:30 and 7pm. I am giving myself until 8pm to catch up on housework. After that 2 nights per week I will do my uni work, 2 nights I will be at work and the other three I plan on relaxing by either watching trashy tv shows or reading. My plan is to be in bed by 9:30 with the light out by 10pm. All doable except on work nights. Those nights I get to bed between 12:30 and 1 am *yawn*


In saying all of this I have to say it is ALL WORTH IT. For them. For my little family. I know that in a few years time, when I have finished uni, when Jose is finished uni, when Aaliyah has had her operation, IT WILL HAVE ALL BEEN WORTH IT. Until then, I shall soldier on, with a diet coke in hand.

Now, I know that it is mostly family that would read this (I can tell by the stats, my average post gets about 10-15 views, haha), so please remember, I am not whinging that you dont help enough, nor am I asking for more help. I am so blessed to have you all beside me helping as much as you do and I am eternally grateful for that. I love that our girls get to grow up surrounded by both sets of grandparents and all of their aunties and uncles, something Jose and I both missed.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need a hand moving, I'll be happy to return the favour :)

    I'm looking forward to the trivia night too, let me know if I can do anything for that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job with this blog post Amy. We are all so proud of you. Jack & I are going to get started on Sydney based fundraising in the next couple of weeks so we'll hopefully have some good news for you soon.

    ReplyDelete