Monday 16 May 2011

Baby, baby, baby ooohhh


Very sorry that this post is a little later than I had planned. Its been a very busy week in our household. It worked out that all my work shifts were bunched together so I have been busy working. Aaliyah is still getting over her asthma/bronchiolitis. Oh and my lovely sisters and mum and a few friends, threw me a surprise baby shower.. was it ever a surprise. I cant believe they kept it from me. It was such a lovely afternoon!!! And we were so so spoiled.

Which brings me to another FAQ, why are you having another baby when you should be saving money/concentrating on Aaliyah. This is another question that gets asked often but I also personally think that it is no ones business. However people are obviously curious so I will oblige.

We always planned to have our first two children close together. Ideally 18 months. When we had Aaliyah, our priorities changed and so did our plans. We tossed around ideas about when the "ideal" time would be to have another etc. We were thinking that sometime after her operation would probably be best but I was still wishing for sooner. They say you should be careful for what you wish for. We are very happy that our little surprise will be joining our little family. She (yes we are having another girl!!) is due July 18 which is also my birthday. I am so excited that Aaliyah gets to have a sibling close in age, something I got to experience growing up. I have two sisters and there is less than 3 years between the three of us. They were my best friends and my worst enemies growing up. But, i will never have a truer ally than that of my sisters. I am so pleased that Aaliyah gets to experience this to. I also think that it will be good for her to see that our lives didn't completely stop because of her condition, that we continued to have the same aspirations as a family.

It will be a big change for us all. Aaliyah is used to being the center of everybody's world. She is the ONLY grandchild on BOTH sides, so having another child to share the love and attention will certainly be a good thing. Whilst there will be an adjustment period, we are looking forward to welcoming our second little princess. Oh and for those of you wondering, the ultrasound tech looked extra carefully at her ears and her kidneys and deemed that it is highly unlikely that she has microtia. All other tests have come back perfect! Looks like we have a very healthy little baby on our hands :)


No comments:

Post a Comment